This page has moved to a new address.

Another Reason I'm Not a Naturalist - "Free Will"

Think Christianly: Another Reason I'm Not a Naturalist - "Free Will"

Monday, June 2, 2008

Another Reason I'm Not a Naturalist - "Free Will"


Are people free to act or not act in a given situation? Or is everything determined because humans are nothing more than bags of chemicals governed by the laws of physics? This is the question of free will. And most people think we have it. Either I can choose strawberry or chocolate ice cream -it is up to me. Love seems to required freedom. Freedom of the will is at home in a Christian worldview, it is not in the worldview of naturalism. It seems far more obvious to me that I have free will than that naturalism is true. Thus free will is an argument against Naturalism.


For example, Cornell University professor William Provine flatly asserts that, "Free will as traditionally conceived … simply does not exist. There is no way the evolutionary process as currently conceived can produce a being that is truly free to make choices." Check out Naturalism, Postmodernism and Free Will that discusses this important topic in an understandable way.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home