This page has moved to a new address.

Our Great Danger...

Think Christianly: Our Great Danger...

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Our Great Danger...


This morning I want to share a quote that has been rattling around in my soul for a few weeks now and I think it is very perceptive. I think it puts its finger on an "occupational hazard" for us Christians who live in America today. It is from a book I've been reading, "The Life You've Always Wanted: Spiritual Disciplines for Ordinary People" by John Ortberg (a very insightful piece of writing and easy to read).


"For many of us the great danger is not that we will renounce our faith. It is that we will become so distracted and rushed and preoccupied that we will settle for a mediocre version of it. We will just skim our lives instead of actually living them."

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home