This page has moved to a new address.

Am I more than my brain?

Think Christianly: Am I more than my brain?

Monday, May 26, 2008

Am I more than my brain?


Fresh off a week at Fall Creek Falls in TN, I wanted to share a little bit about the brain and the soul. Is there a soul? What is the difference between the brain and the soul? Hasn't modern neuroscience shown that everything about consciousness is fully explicable in the language of physics and chemistry relegating discussion of the soul to the intellectual dust bin reserved for fairy's and the like? Actually no. And in principle, it never will (for those familiar with this, only correlations between brain and soul states can be show). Take some time to read the following short articles by JP Moreland and Dallas Willard...they are important for many reasons which will become clear as you read.


"The Argument from Consciousness" by JP Moreland
"Grey Matter and the Soul" by Dallas Willard

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home