This page has moved to a new address.

Should Some People Not Vote?

Think Christianly: Should Some People Not Vote?

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Should Some People Not Vote?

OK. I'm all for every one's right to vote...but is there a responsibility that goes with this right? In America we are big on rights and short on responsibility. Take 4 minutes and watch this video and then answer the poll question. What do you think? Does knowledge matter anymore or only spin, clever marketing, and soundbites?


Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there are often times when people have a responsibility not to vote. I will no longer vote for someone if I don't feel I can largely get behind them. If I continue voting for the lesser of two evils, I will surely get evil every time. This time I felt blessed to be able to vote for Constitution Party candidate Chuck Baldwin, but I can foresee times in which I won't vote. When I voted early the other day, I found the candidates for state House and Senate severely wanting, and so voted for myself for Senate and my wife for House. There are always alternatives... As for these uninformed youth not voting, maybe it would at least open their eyes if they reap what they sow in the voting booth.

October 29, 2008 at 8:52 PM  
Blogger ABShaeffer said...

As Dallas Willard writes in Renovation of the Heart, "Before we make judgments on any serious matter, have we looked into the facts of the case and have we carefully considered all their bearings?"

If we can't look into the facts and carefully consider their ramifications, perhaps we shouldn't vote. Because the things we're voting about are certainly serious matters.

October 29, 2008 at 10:41 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Some people should not vote, that is, until they get up and learn something about politics and the policies at stake.

October 30, 2008 at 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home