This page has moved to a new address.

Taking Jesus at His Word

Think Christianly: Taking Jesus at His Word

Friday, September 4, 2009

Taking Jesus at His Word

Jesus told Martha, “I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die. Do you believe this?”


As I prepare to attend a funeral of a loved one today, I answer yes to Jesus' question--I believe...I take him at his word. He is the only one who can make good on that bold claim because he is the only one who has conquered death. I am thankful that the ultimate sting of death has been conquered, but am reminded of the pain we still endure before Jesus makes all things new (Revelation 21:1-7).


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home