This page has moved to a new address.

What I learned from a twelve year old...

Think Christianly: What I learned from a twelve year old...

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What I learned from a twelve year old...

I recently came across a story of a 7th grade speech by Lia. I then discovered the link on You Tube to her actual speech. It is 5 minutes and is worth watching for several reasons:

1. People need to stop underestimating and under challenging young people
2. Her ability to communicate, understand and interact with the issues was very impressive
3. She did not appeal to the Bible to settle the question (like a trump card our culture does not accept)
4. She was winsome and earned the respect from her peers and judges
5. She did all this by taking one of the most contentious issues of our day head on, abortion.

After watching this, ask yourself if you could have given that 7th grade speech?



To further equip yourself on this issue, see one of my recent posts.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger ABShaeffer said...

Wow. That was impressive.

February 24, 2009 at 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home