This page has moved to a new address.

Our first freedom as humans and Christians

Think Christianly: Our first freedom as humans and Christians

Monday, July 7, 2008

Our first freedom as humans and Christians

Thinking Christianly exists to help us think better. It isn't about being a scholar or not. But everyone thinks, and thoughts deeply affect the shape of our lives. But often we don't cultivate our minds and ultimately leave a resource God has given us untapped. Dallas Willard shares a helpful insight in this regard from Renovation of the Heart:

"The ultimate freedom we have as human beings is the power to select what we will allow or require our minds to dwell upon."

How is your thought life? What do you find your mind dwells on the most often? What do you want to dwell on?

We will discuss this more in the days ahead. But perhaps take some time to read and reflect upon Romans 12:1-2.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Barry said...

Like the Willard quote. I'm almost on the 3rd chapter of The Divine Conspiracy.
My mind dwells a lot on the future and its possibilities, like seminary, LA, or doing something else entirely.
What I want to dwell on is others and by that I mean in prayer. Its easy to think about my future, but I need a healthy regard for the future of others. My thoughts are often selfish, centered around me. And I wonder how I would act differently if all I ever thought about was the well being of people around me.

July 7, 2008 at 7:53 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Morrow said...

sounds like you are at a good place of walking and seeking next steps while dreaming about what may be. that last one is a convicting and important question. thanks for posting.

July 7, 2008 at 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home