When Are Teenagers Ready To Date?
1. When you have a picture in your mind of the “right kind of person” you will not settle less for (silhouette).
- A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold – Proverbs 22:1
- A good rule of thumb: If you would not marry this kind of person, then don’t date this kind of person. Date actual, not potential.
- Cultivating your relationship with God and building character now is the best thing you could do for your future relationships.
- Special note for girls: If this guy is pressuring you physically or morally, run as fast as you can in the other direction! WHY? He obviously does not respect and obey God. And if he doesn’t respect and obey God's Word, then he will break your heart to get what he wants…you are worth WAITING for!
"He who walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools suffers harm" - Proverbs 13:20
This is ESPECIALLY true when it comes to dating relationships. Click here to learn more about healthy relationships during the high school and college years